- Business Name:Hotel Niagara - Hyderabad
- Address 1:15-6-124, Near Kamal Talkies, Chaderghat
- Address 2:Hyderabad - 500024
- Web Page:
- Phone Number:24529539, 9346948770
- Description:There's a time and a place to talk about ambience and service, and for a long time Niagara wouldn't feature at either. One of the landmark places for Hyderabadi cuisine, spoken of in the same breath as Madina, Shadab, Paradise and Bahar, it didn't need to - people would (and continue to) get off expensive wheels for a plate of mutton biryani here, irrespective of India's growth story.
You've heard about it, you've tasted it, you've burped. The Niagara biryani is famous, and there's a reason that's best found out. It's available in the chicken and mutton variants (they politely inform you they don't have even egg biryani forget vegetarian, and then perhaps go into the kitchen and laugh their guts out), and, if you are willing to spend twice the Rs. 75, as Noorjehan Biryani Niagara, a special proprietary cocktail.
There are elaborate Chinese (soups, spring rolls, noodles, fried rice, chicken/fish/prawn/veg starters and gravies) and Mughlai (again, chicken/mutton/prawn/fish/veg curries) spreads on the menu, too, aside of the expected paya, zaban, sikampur, shami, sheermal and nehari. Plus, some authentic Hyderabadi desserts, including the Double/Qubani Ka Meetha, Gile Firdous and a Kheer that looks great in its own small clay pot.
And the smarter people don't eat the biryani just as a lone dish the evenings, they ask for Seekh Kebab as well for accompaniment. Yes, there are a variety of these, plus tandoor chicken. The prices are the best part - it's hard to run up a bill of more than Rs. 250 for a couple whatever you do, and it usually stays at around Rs. 150.
- Reference/Courtecy URL:http://www.fullhyderabad.com/profile/locations/14695/2
- Voted Users:33
- Last Voted Date:17 July,2014
- Overall Rating:
[ Incredible ]
Note: Does this page has any inappropriate content? or copyrights violation? Please Click "Report Abuse" button to report the abuse. Thank you. .