- Business Name:Panchayati Raj Engineering Department PRED Govt of AP
- Address 1:SRTGN Bhavan, Errumanzil Colony
- Address 2:Somajiguda, Hyderabad - 82
- Web Page:http://www.pred.gov.in/
- Phone Number:040-23396655
- Description:Panchayati Raj Engineering Department (PRED) was formulated during the year 1967 by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. It functions directly under the Ministry of Panchayati Raj & Rural Development and at State level Secretary to Government (PR & RD) as its administrative head and Engineer-in-Chief as its technical head.
The organization has established the following offices across the State in order to accomplish the organizational objectives.
* Head office @ State Level (Engineer-in-Chief/Chief Engineer)
* Circle office @ District Level(Superintending Engineer)
* Division Office @ Division Level (Executive Engineer)
* Sub-Division Office @ Mandal Level (3 to 4) (Deputy Executive Engineer)
* Section Office @ Mandal Level (Assistant Executive Engineer/Asst. Engineer)
PRED has head office @ State level headed by Engineer-in-Chief (PR). Chief Engineer is the in-charge of one Program at State level who reports to Engineer-in-Chief
Based on the above lines, offices were established at various levels in the organization for execution and maintenance of works under both the Sectors of PR and RWS.
In PR Sector, Chief Engineer is in-charge of one program
* Chief Engineer (PR)
* Chief Engineer (NABARD-I)
* Chief Engineer (NABARD-II)
* Chief Engineer (Admn)
* Chief Engineer (Vigilance & Quality Control)
Vigilance & Quality control wing to ensure the quality of works being executed and also enforces the quality of materials being used in execution of works/projects.
HRD wing headed by a Chief Engineer to impart training to the PRED personnel in order to up-date their skills to meet the challenging demands
Joint Director (Geology)
He is overall in charge of Geological Wing of the Department which mainly covers Ground Water Survey and selection of points / sources for RWS works.
There are (6) Senior Geologists working at a rate of one for each zone to over see the selection of sources and are attached to circle offices.
There are (41) Junior Geologists in the department for Ground Water Survey and selection of sources for Water Supply Schemes.
Water Testing Laboratories
In order to test water samples both chemically and bacteria logically, water testing laboratories (51 Nos) are established in each division office.
Cadre Strength (Organisation Chart)
The present strength of the department including all categories is 19019.
- Reference/Courtecy URL:http://www.pred.gov.in/
- Voted Users:55
- Last Voted Date:07 October,2014
- Overall Rating:
[ Excellent ]
Note: Does this page has any inappropriate content? or copyrights violation? Please Click "Report Abuse" button to report the abuse. Thank you. .