- Business Name:Dr Gopichand Mannam FRCS(Edin), FRCS(Glasgow), FRCS(CTS) - Cardiothoracic Surgeon - Hyderabad
- Address 1:STAR Hospitals, 8-2-596/5, Road No.10,
- Address 2:Banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 500 034
- Web Page:www.starhospitals.in
- Phone Number:040 - 44777777
- Description:Dr. GOPICHAND MANNAM graduated from Guntur Medical College, Guntur, AP, in April 1981. He left India immediately for West Indies, where he developed his initial skills in surgery. In 1983, he went to the UK to pursue his career in general surgery. He appeared and passed FRCS in General surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, in 1986 and The Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow in 1987.
After finishing his formal training in general surgery, he has joined Cardio-Thoracic speciality. During his training, he worked at some of the world-renowned hospitals like the Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, and the Royal Brompton and National Heart Hospital, London. During this period he worked as a senior registrar for 5 years and received a comprehensive training in all facets of Cardio -Thoracic surgery. Having finished his training in adult & paediatric cardiac and thoracic surgery, he appeared and passed the specialist FRCS examination at the Royal College of Surgeons, London. This is the highest degree awarded in the U.K to a trainee after finishing the Speciality training. During this time he presented scientific papers at some of the International conferences, such American Associations of Thoracic Surgery at Chicago, CTSAGB & I at York, UK and Heidelberg, Germany.
In November 1994, he went back to India and joined the Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad, as a senior Consultant in Cardio-Thoracic surgery. Later, in June 1997, he has joined Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad as Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon. From There he Moved to CARE Hospitals, Hyderabad as Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon in 2002. Currently, he is at STAR hospitals, Banjara Hills as Chief of Cardiothoracic surgery. His main interests are congenital cardiac surgery and Coronary artery bypass on a beating heart (OPCAB). So far he has done more than 10,000 heart operations.
SUCCESSFUL NEONATAL AND INFANT CARDIAC SURGERY PROGRAMME IN ANDHRA PRADESH
E.g.: - Arterial Switch in Neonates
- Truncus Arteriosus Repair in Infants
- TAPVC etc.,
FIRST TO DO MINIMALLY INVASIVE
* ASD closure.
* Mitral Valve Replacement
* Beating Heart Coronary Bypass Surgery.
* Second Heart Transplantation in AP,
FIRST IN INDIA
* Open Heart Surgery with 6cm incision (cut)
* Star Fish device usage in beating heart.
* First of its kind in India to do Heart Transplantation using Undersized Heart ( Donor was a 10 year old boy and the recipient was23 years)
Dr. Gopichand Mannam,
Chief Cardiothoracic surgeon
8-2-596/5, Road No.10,
Hyderabad - 500 034
Ph:040 - 44777777
- Reference/Courtecy URL:www.starhospitals.in
- Voted Users:114
- Last Voted Date:29 October,2015
- Overall Rating:
[ Incredible ]
Note: Does this page has any inappropriate content? or copyrights violation? Please Click "Report Abuse" button to report the abuse. Thank you. .